- In banking sector, Financial Resolution Authority deals with–
(A) Double Taxation Cases (B) Failing Financial Institutions (C) Cases Related to NBFCs
(D) Increasing NPAs of scheduled Commercial Banks (E) All of the above (Ans :B)
2. Which of the following awards is given for excellence in the field of Literature ?
(A) Saraswati Samman (B) Tansen Samman (C) Kalidas Samman
(D) Arjuna Award (E) None of these (Ans : A)
3. The Union Budget 2014-15 announced to provide investment allowance at —– for 3 years to the manufacturing company which invests more than ` 25 crore in plant and machinery.
(A) 5% (B) 10% (C) 15% (D) 20% (E) 25% (Ans :C)
4. Tamil parties recently their dissent against the visit of the Sri Lankan President to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Who is the Sri Lankan President?
(A) Mahinda Rajapaksa (B) Chandrika Kumaratunga (C) Dingiri Banda Wijetunga
(D) Ranasinghe Premadasa (E) William Gopallawa (Ans : A)
5. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Hockey?
(A) Love (B) Tee (C) Spin (D) No Ball (E) Penalty Stroke (Ans : E)
6. Which of the following crops need plenty of water to grow?
(A) Jawar (B) Bajra (C) Tea (D) Paddy (E) All of these (Ans : D)
7. Insurance service provided by various banks is commonly known as –
(A) Investment Banking (B) Risk Management (C) Merchant Banking
(D) Bancassurance (E) Micro Finance (Ans : D)
8. Who amongst the following Indians is a world professional Billiards champion?
(A) Subroto Paul (B) Pankaj Advani (C) Parimarjan Negi
(D) Baichung Bhutia (E) Vijender Singh (Ans : B)
9. Which of the following is a very well-known name in the field of banking in India?
(A) Meira Kumar (B) Kiran Mazumdar Shah (C) Arun Jaitley
(D) Dr. D. Subbarao (E) All of the above (Ans : D)
10. Which of the following is the curreny of Spain?
(A) Doller (B) Pound (C) Yen (D) Krona (E) None of these (Ans : E)
11. FIFA is an organization working in the field of–
(A) Banking (B) Textiles (C) Power generation (D) Social service (E) Sports (Ans : E)
12. Name the actor who played the role of Mr. Bean in the popular serial that goes by the same name ?
(A) Al Pacino (B) Robert de Niro (C) Russell Crowe
(D) Rowan Atkinson (E) Richard Curtis (Ans : D)
13. Which airline was recently joined by the Tata Group?
(A) Pan Am (B) Lufthansa (C) Emirates Airline
(D) Air Asia (E) Air France (Ans : D)
14. Commercial Papers (CP) are issued in India in the multiples of.
(A) 1 lakh (B) 2 lakh (C) 5 lakh (D) 7.5 lakh (E) 10 lakh (Ans : C)
15. Who among the following is the richest footballer in the 2014 FIFA World Cup?
(A) Lionel Messi (B) Cristiano Ronaldo (C) Manuel Neuer
(D) James Rodriguez (E) Thomas Mueller (Ans : B)
16. Who was recently awarded by the York University of Canada?
(A) Mukesh Ambani (B) Ratan Tata (C) Azim Premji
(D) Nandan Nilekani (E) Lord Swaraj Paul (Ans : C)
17. Who amongst the following is the author of the book ‘The Exile’ ?
(A) B. C. Verghese (B) Philip Roth (C) Aravind Adiga
(D) Navtej Sarna (E) None of these (Ans : D)
18. Five Year Plans in India are monitored by–
(A) National Development Council (B) Planning Commission (C) Finance Minister
(D) Inter State Council (E) Finance Commission (Ans : B)
19. Which of the following is not Fertiliser product?
(A) Urea (B) Murate of Potash (C) Di Amonium Phosphate
(D) Calcium Carbonate (E) All are fertilisers (Ans : D)
20. Which of the following programmes has been implemented in all the districts of the country?
(A) Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (B) Navodaya Vidhyalay (C) Ultra Mega Power Project
(D) Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyuthikaran Yojana (E) National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (Ans : E)
21. The Govt. of India announced a special relief package of several thousand crores of rupees for which of the following sections of our society?
(A) Senior Citizens (B) Women Employees of Central Government (C) Farmers
(D) Workers in unorganized sectors (E) All of these (Ans : C)
22. Who among the following would be the next Chief of the Army Staff on General Bikram Singh’s retirement on July 31, 2014 ?
(A) Dalbir Singh Suhag (B) Vikramjeet Singh Rathore (C) Abhimanyu Puri
D) Arup Bharati Chaudhury (E) None of these (Ans : A)
23. Which of the following places in India does not have a Stock Exchange ?
(A) Kolkata (B) Ahmedabad (C) Mumbai
(D) Delhi (E) Udaipur (Ans : E)
24. Organisation of workers in which of the following groups has proved a very effective way of providing micro finance by banks to the rural people and poor in India ?
(A) Self Help Groups (B) Vriksha Mitras (C) Shiksha Sevaks
(D) Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) (E) Link Workers (Ans : A)
25. Some major banks and financial institutions in various Western countries were to wind up their business and/or declare themselves in financial problems during last few years. This trend is technically known as
(A) Devaluation (B) Deformation (C) Global Slowdown
(D) Political backdrop (E) Globalisation (Ans : C)