Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2007 has replaced—
(C) Securities Contracts (Regulation) Bill, 2005
(D) Electricity Act, 2003
2. A bill has been introduced in the Parliament to raise SBI authorised capital from Rs. 20 crore to—
(A) Rs. 50 crore
(B) Rs. 1000 crore
(C) Rs. 2000 crore
(D) Rs. 5000 crore
3. The total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) during 2008-09 has been targeted at—
(A) $ 25 billion
(B) $ 35 billion
(C) $ 45 billion
(D) $ 50 billion
4. National Electricity Policy envisages elimination of power shortage by 2012 through addition of …… during 10th and 11th plan periods.
(A) 50000 MW
(B) 75000 MW
(C) 100000 MW
(D) 125000 MW
5. ‘Priyadarshini Project’ is related to—
(A) Empowerment of Rural women
(B) Survival of Girl Child
(C) Free Education to all girls
(D) None of the above
6. ‘Pratibha Kiran Yojana’ is a new scheme to promote higher education among girls introduced by—
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
7. To which service, the government has notified Service Tax Refund Scheme for exporter ?
(A) Port services
(B) Railway service
(C) Road service
(D) All of these
8. ‘Laadli Laxmi Yojana’ has been launched by………government for supporting girls of all religion and caste upto their marriage.
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
9. The Contract of Expressway Project in Uttar Pradesh has been awarded to—
(A) JP Associates
(B) JM Infra
(C) Jointly to (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above
10. 13th ASEAN Summit was held between November 18 to 22, 2007 in—
11. ‘Innovation Lab’ has been launched by—
(A) Tata Consultancy Services
(B) Infosys Tech
(C) Reliance Industries
(D) Anil’s Reliance Communications
12. Dr. Ganesh Natrajan has been appointed Chairman (2008-09) for—
13. Which country was honoured at China International Travel Mart 2007 with Best Participating and Excellent Advertisement Awards ?
14. APEC group leaders have decided to take up new membership issue after a few years and as a result India and other ten countries have to wait for APEC membership till—
15. Government has extended Mid Day Meal Scheme to cover the students upto class—
16. Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. has been renamed as—
(A) Reliance Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
(B) Tata Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
(C) Tata Communication Ltd.
(D) Bharti Communication Ltd.
17. Government is going to merge Annapurna Scheme with—
(A) Mid Day Meal Scheme
(B) National Old Age Pension Scheme
(C) National Food for Work Programme
(D) Antyodaya Anna Yojana
18. For attaining 9% growth rate during 11th plan (2007-2012), investment level has been estimated to be—
(A) 34•8% of GDP
(B) 32•4% of GDP
(C) 30•9% of GDP
(D) 36•7% of GDP
19. Government adopted the new funding pattern (Centre State Share) for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan as—
(A) 50 : 50
(B) 55 : 45
(C) 60 : 40
(D) 65 : 35
20. National Food Security Mission targets to increase the production of wheat, rice and pulses in next four years to—
(A) 10, 8 and 2 million tonne respectively
(B) 8, 10 and 2 million tonne respectively
(C) 8, 12 and 2 million tonne respectively
(D) 8, 10 and 4 million tonne respectively
21. The most densely populated country in South Asia is—
(D) Sri Lanka
22. Revenue Deficit as a per cent of GDP in Budget 2009-10 has been estimated at—
23. Which country among the following gets the highest HDI ranking in Human Development Report 2007 ?
(C) United Kingdom
24. ‘Aam Admi Bima Yojana’ is an insurance scheme for rural landless households introduced by—
(A) National Insurance Co.
(B) Life Insurance Co.
(D) ICICI Life Prudential Co.
25. NOAPS has been renamed as Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme with its extended scope. Now this scheme will include all old age persons—
(A) Living below poverty line
(B) Above 60 years age
(C) Above 65 years age
(D) Both (A) and (C)
1. (B) 2. (D) 3. (B) 4. (C) 5. (A) 6. (C) 7. (D) 8. (B) 9. (A) 10. (C)
11. (A) 12. (B) 13. (C) 14. (B) 15. (C) 16. (C) 17. (B) 18. (D) 19. (D) 20. (B)
21. (C) 22. (D) 23. (A) 24. (B) 25. (D)