- The treaty of Mangalore was signed between?
(a) The English East India Company and Haidar Ali
(b) The English East India Company and Tipu Sultan
(c) Haidar Ali and the Zamorin of Calicut
(d) The French East India Company and Tipu Sultan
Answer: The English East India Company and Tipu Sultan
- The Venetian traveler who travelled with his wife and reached Vijayanagar around 1420 was?
(a) Athanasius Nikitin
(b) Nicolo de Conti
(c) Ibn Batutan
Answer: Nicolo de Conti
- Who among the following cricketers has been declared the ‘Cricketer of the Twentieth Century’ by the ICC?
(a) Shane Warne
(b) Kapil Dev
(c) Sunil Gavaskar
(d) Brian Lara
Answer: Shane Warne
- 2018 FIFA World Cup would be held in:
- Vijender Singh is associated with which one of the following games?
- First Afghan War took place in:
- The desert that lies on the boundary between India and Pakistan is?
(d) None of these
- The ‘Cannes Award’ is given for excellence in which field?
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award is given by which of the following organizations?
(a) Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
(b) Indian Council for Agricultural Research
(c) Indian National Science Academy
Answer: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Who wrote the book ‘Origin of Species’?
(a) Charles Darwin
Answer: Charles Darwin