- Who, among the following, is the Managing Director and CEO of IMF?
(A) Christine Lagarde (B) Dominique Strauss-Kahn (C) Rodrigo de Rato
(D) Horst Kohler (E) H. Johannes Witteveen (Ans :A)
2. Who, at president, is Secretary of the Department of Economic Affairs?
(A) Abhijit Sen (B) Sam Pitroda (C) Arvind Mayaram
(D) Uma Rastogi (E) Parthasarathi Shome (Ans : C)
3. What is Credit Creation?
(A) Multiple expansion of deposits (B) Reducing the volume of NPAs (C) Expansion of customer base
(D) Providing value addition to existing services (E) Both (A) and (C) (Ans : A)
4. Who is currently the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
(A) N. Chandrababu Naidu (B) N. Kiran Kumar Reddy (C) K. Rosaiah
(D) Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy (E) None of these (Ans : A)
5. The popularity of American President Barack Obama recently hit a new low with his approval ratings being the lowest since–
(A) George Bush Junior (B) Bill Clinton (C) Richard Nixon
(D) Ronald Reagan (E) George Bush Senior (Ans : C)
6. The sum allocated in the Railway Budget 2014-15 for the Bullet Train is–
(A) 25 crore (B) 50 crore (C) 100 crore
(D) 200 crore (E) 250 crore (Ans : C)
7. The height of the Sardar Sarovar Dam was recently increased, making it the second highest dam’ in the world. What is the dam’s revised height?
(A) 116.6 metres (B) 121.9 metres (C) 138.7 metres
(D) 141.2 metres (E) 149.9 metres (Ans : C)
8. Which rate is used by the Reserve Bank of India to decrease liquidity in the market?
(A) Increasing Bank rate (B) Decreasing CRR (C) Increasing Reverse Repo Rate
(D) Decreasing Repo Rate (E) All of the above (Ans : C)
9. International women’s Day is celebrated on–
(A) 14 February (B) 8 March (C) 1 April (D) 2 June (E) 18 July (Ans : B)
10. Which among the following is a key anchor in Economic and Financial Stability?
(A) Fiscal consolidation (B) Predictable taxes (C) Low inflation
(D) Both (A) and (C) (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
11. Who among the following doesn’t have nomination facility ?
(A) Body corporate (B) Karta of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) (C) Holder of power of attorney
(D) Non-individuals including society (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
12. Which country hosted the 2014 FIFA World Cup?
(A) Argentina (B) Brazil (C) Germany (D) Spain (E) France (Ans : B)
13. Which among the following ratio correctly denotes the Insurance Penetration?
(A) Premium Underwritten : Population (B) Premium Underwritten : GDP
(C) Insured Population : Total Population (D) Premium Underwritten : Policy Holders
(E) None of these (Ans : B)
14. Which of the following bodies insures customer’s deposit in bank?
(A) Union Ministry of Finance (B) SEBI (C) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation
(D) Forward Market Commission (E) Both A and D (Ans : C)
15. Which among the following correctly categorizes Collateralized Borrowing and Lending Obligation?
(A) A market operation (B) A money market instrument (C) A clearing system
(D) A Scheme of Reserve Bank of India (E) A policy initiative of Government of India (Ans : B)
16. Who amongst the following can take benefit of the Social Security Fund established by the Government of India for unorganized workers ?
(A) Primary school teacher (B) Employee of Sugar Factory (C) Textile Mazdoor
(D) Rickshaw Puller (E) Clerk in a factory (Ans : D)
17. Who amongst the following was never a Governor of the RBI ?
(A) Bimal Jalan (B) Y.V. Reddy (C) Arup Roy Choudhury
(D) Rangarajan (E) D. Subbarao (Ans : C)
18. After J. L, Nehru, who amongst the following was/is the other Prime Minister who completed his/her first term and immediately came for the second term ?
(A) Mrs. Indira Gandhi (B) Dr. Manmohan Singh (C) Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
(D) Mr. Rajiv Gandhi (E) None of these (Ans : B)
19. Which of the following authorities instructs a bank that funds held on behalf of a debt or should not be released until directed by it ?
(A) Reserve Bank of India (B) Banking Ombudsman (C) Court
(D) Union Ministry of Finance (E) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (Ans : C)
20. Which of the following is the Chemical name of the salt we use in our kitchen ?
(A) Calcium Carbonate (B) Calcium Chloride (C) Sodium Carbonate
(D) Sodium Chloride (E) Ammonium Sulphate (Ans : B)
21. The Reserve Bank of India is in the process of selling its stake in which of the following agencies/organizations?
(A) NABARD (B) Food Corporation of India (C) Steel Authority of India Ltd.
(D) Bombay Stock Exchange (E) None of these (Ans : A)
22. Which of the following schemes is launched to make Indian cities free from slums in days to come?
(A) Indira AwasYojana (B) Bharat Nirman (C) Rajiv Awas Yojana
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (E) None of these (Ans : C)
23. Which of the following books is written by Namita Gokhale?
(A) A Himalayan Love Story (B) Soul Mountain (C) A New World
(D) The Last Hero (E) None of these (Ans : D)
24. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Badminton?
(A) Double Fault (B) Punch (C) Follow on (D) Tee (E) None of these (Ans : A)
25. Which of the following books is written by Kiran Desai ?
(A) A house for Mr. Biswas (B) 3 Mistakes of My Life (C) A Tale of Two Sisters
(D) The Inheritance of Loss (E) Tale of Two Cities (Ans : D)